Mona Lisa St. James made a deathbed promise that she would do anything to save her mother’s art gallery. Unfortunately, not only is The Red painted red, but it’s in the red. She soon realizes she has no choice but to sell it.
Just as she realizes she has no choice but to sell it, a mysterious man comes in after closing time and makes her an offer: He will save The Red if she agrees to submit to him for the period of one year.
The man is handsome, English, and terribly tempting…but surely her mother didn’t mean for Mona to sell herself to a stranger. Then again, she did promise to do anything to save The Red…
- This is porn with a plot. Mona agrees to have sex with a mysterious man over the course of a year in order to save her art gallery. Each encounter is based on a painting and could easily become episodic but the thread of the story carries through wonderfully.
- Ooo boy, the sex is hot. The kink is thick and there’s guaranteed to be something that challenges you… which is just way I like it.
- There’s a twist at the end that I didn’t see that brings everything full circle. Well done.
- The ending is a bit rushed, and while it didn’t bother me too much it could have used a little more development.
- The characters are rounded but lack some depth.
All in all I’m sooo happy to see Reisz stretch her kinky wings again. On Twitter she teased an upcoming title, calling it a “sexy sex cult”… so it looks like I have more to look forward to!
Thanks to 8th Circle Press and NetGalley for providing a review copy.