Violet Ryan loves the delicious food she gets to eat on the reality shows she produces for The Food Channel. What she hates is her expanding waistline. Determined to drop the pounds, Violet hatches a plan to kick start a fitness regimen. She knows she needs a new approach and possibly a new trainer—one with a lighter touch.
Grant Gibson has always managed to mix business with pleasure, but now this trainer by day, and Dominant by night, is bored. Even though he owns one of L.A.’s hottest private gyms, his personal life is sorely lacking. He’s in no hurry to take a new lover under his wing. Not until the voluptuous Violet falls into his lap.
She may be wary of his unorthodox approach of using sexual gratification as a reward, but even before her initial weigh-in Violet can’t seem to stay away from the sexy fitness god. She may have to let Grant show her there’s more than one way to get in shape…
The perfect one-sitting read for an insomniac night.
- Yea for interracial relationships written by a Queer woman of color! Violet is Chinese-American and Grant is white.
- Violet is fat and is aiming to get fit, not skinny. She wants some of the weight to come off, of course, but being healthy comes first, not getting down to a certain dress size.
- Grant makes a big blunder when they first meet and the way Violet handles it is real and funny.
- Without getting spoilery, I like that Grant acknowledges that there are good and bad reasons to miss a workout. Once in a lifetime experience? Sure. Third girls’ night out of the week? Maybe not.
- The BDSM is gentle and fun and full of consent. Yea happy D/s!
- I’m a fan of Weatherspoon’s writing and I wasn’t let down.
- The story fits the page length and there’s even a small B-plot, which is a hard thing to do when the book is only 80 pages. It works out great.
- The beginning was info dumpy but soon forgiven.
I’m so glad I had this on my e-reader – time to pick up the next book in the series for my next insomniac emergency!